Friday, March 4, 2016

Week 4: Effects of statistical analysis on production

Because hydration is not a priority I have been working on at Microtech Southwest, I have decided to move away from the hydration process on battery seals. As most of my blogs are focusing on the benefits of statistical analysis on the production of these battery seals I have decided to shift my blog to that focus. From here on I will focus more on the statistical analysis and how it effects the productions.


This week I was using the laser mic in quality control. The customer wants sample shots to be examined to make sure there are no flaws in the production. So using a laser mic, I was able to measure the parameters that the customers want. A laser mic allows us to efficiently and accurately measure parts. The part is being measured by a laser and then the dimensions are communicated by a program automatically to an excel spreadsheet. Because all the necessary data wasn’t collected until Friday I was unable to analyze it. Next week I look forward to analyzing the data to make sure the production is adequate. 

2 comments:

  1. What parameters do the customer want and does the laser mic only measure the parameters or can it fix the parameters if they are not found to be "adequate"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikhil. I think the statistics portion of this is really cool. Going through the painstaking process of gathering data is really rewarding when you can draw actual conclusions from it that will benefit the consumer. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete